Recommended Reading List
Management & Leadership
- Munro, Malcolm. 12 Simple (but not Simplistic) Principles Every Manager Needs to Know (get at www.12simpleprinciples.com)
- Munro, Malcolm. From Cave to Cubicle: A Practical Guide to Organizational Behavior (get at www.cavetocubicle.com)
- Munro, Malcolm. The New Rules of Engagement: How to Keep Your Superstars Loyal to You (get at www.newrulesofengagementbook.com)
- Bennis, Warren and Nanus, Burt. (1985). Leaders – The Strategies for Taking Charge. New York: Harper & Roe Publishers.
- Bennis, Warren. (1989). On Becoming a Leader. Pennsylvania: Adison – Wesley Publishing Company.
- Conger, Jay A. (1992). Learning to Lead – The Art of Transforming Managers into Leaders. California: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
- Hersey, Paul. (1984). The Situational Leader. New York: Warner Books.
- Keirsey, David and Bates, Marilyn (1978). Please Understand Me – Character & Temperament Types. California: Prometheus Nemesis Book Company.
- Kotter, John P. (1990). A Force For Change – How Leadership Differs From Management. New York: The Free Press.
- Kouzes, James M. and Posner, Barry Z. (1995). The Leadership Challenge. California: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
- Pierce, Jon L. and Newstrom, John W. (1995). Leaders & The Leadership Process. Pennsylvania: Austen Press.
TYPE and Personal Leadership
- Corlett, Eleanor S. and Millner, Nancy B. (1993). Navigating Midlife: Using Typology as a Guide. California: Davies-Black Publishing.
- Fitzgerald, Catherine and Kirby, Linda K. (1997). Developing Leaders: Research and Applications in Psychological Type and Leadership Development. California: Davies-Black Publishing.
- Fitzsimmons, Sharon. (1999) Type & Time Management. Edmonton: Psychometrics Canada, LTD.
- Keirsey, David and Bates, Marilyn (1978). Please Understand Me. Character & Temperament Types. California: Prometheus Nemesis Book Company
- Kroeger, Otto and Thuesen, Janet M. (1988). Type Talk – The 16 Personality Types that Determine How We Live, Love, and Work. New York: Dell Publishing
- Kroeger, Otto and Thuesen, Janet M. (2002). Type Talk at Work. New York: Dell Publishing
- Manz, Charles C. (1992). Mastering Self-Leadership. New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Short, Ron. (1991). A Special Kind of Leadership. Seattle: Ron R. Short. Ph.D.
Effective Communication Skills
- Adler, Ronald B. and Elmhorst, Jeanne M. (1996). Communicating at Work. New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- Pearce, Terry. Leading Out Loud – The Authentic Speaker, the Credible Leader. (1995). California: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
Motivating a Diverse Workforce
- Blanchard, Kenneth, Ph.D. and Johnson, Spencer, Ph.D. (1983). The One Minute Manager. New York: Berkeley Books.
- Blanchard, Kenneth, Ph.D. and Lorber, Robert, Ph.D. (1985). Putting the One Minute Manager to Work. New York: Berkeley Books.
- Pfeffer, Jeffrey. (1994). Competitive Advantage Through People – Unleashing the Power of the Workforce. Massachusetts: Harvard Business School Press.
Dealing with Change
- Argyris, Chris. (1993). Knowledge for Action – A Guide to Overcoming Barriers to Organizational Change. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
- Heath, Chip and Heath, Dan (2010) Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard
- Kotter, John P. (1996). Leading Change. Massachusetts: Harvard Business School Press.
- Kotter, John P. and Heskett, James L. (1992). Corporate Culture and Performance. New York: The Free Press.
- Senge, Peter. Et Al. (1999). The Dance of Change – The Challenges to Sustaining Momentum in Learning Organizations. New York: Currency Doubleday.
- Senge, Peter. (1993). The Fifth Discipline – The Art & Practice of a Learning Organization. New York: Currency Doubleday.
Figuring Out What to Do
- Munro, Malcolm. Marketing Yourself for Your Dream Job: How to Get the Job and Career You’ve Always Wanted (get at www.marketingyourselfbook.com)
- Munro, Malcolm. Who Am I? How Your God-Given Personality Defines the REAL YOU (get at www.peopleskillstuff.com)
- Munro, Malcolm. Endeavor to Persevere: 10 Steps to Create Breakthrough in Your Personal and Professional Life (get at www.etpbook.com)
- Rotella, Bob. Life is Not a Game of Perfect
- Bronson, Po. What Should I Do With My Life?
- Frankl, Viktor E. Man’s Search for Meaning – An Introduction To Logotherapy.
- Tieger, Paul D. and Barron-Tieger, Barbara. Do What You Are
- Buckingham, Marcus and Clifton, Donald. Now, Discover Your Strengths
- Bolles, Richard Nelson: What Color is Your Parachute?
- Beck, Martha, Finding Your Own North Star: Claiming the Life You Were Meant to Live
- Editors of VGM. Basic Resume Writing
- Savino, Carl. From Navy Blue to Corporate Gray
- Rosenberg, Arthur and Hizer, David. The Resume Handbook
- Troutman, Kathryn. Federal Resume Guidebook: Write a Winning Federal Resume to Get in, Get Promoted, and Survive in a Government Career!
- Whitcomb, Susan. Resume Magic: Trade Secrets of a Professional Resume Writer
- Chernow, Fred B. The Sharper Mind
- Ferrazzi, Keith. Never Eat Alone (And Other Secrets to Success One Relationship at a Time)
- Gladwell, Malcolm. The Tipping Point – How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
- Morgenstern, Julie. Never Check E-Mail in the Morning
- Nelson, Noelle C. Winning! Using Lawyers’ Courtroom Techniques to Get Your Way in Everyday Situations
- Tieger, Paul D. and Barron-Tieger, Barbara. The Art of Speedreading People
- Luntz, Frank. Words that Work: It’s Not What You Say, It’s What People Hear
- Heath, Chip and Heath, Dan. Made to Stick
- Pease, Allen and Barbara. The Definitive Book of Body Language
- Patzer, Gordon. Looks: Why They Matter More than You Ever Imagine
- Gerber, Michael E. The E-Myth Revisited – Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to do About it.
- Weiss, Alan. Million Dollar Consulting
- Weiss, Alan. Establishing a Unique Brand in the Consulting Business
- Weiss, Alan. Value-Based Fees
- Weiss, Alan. Process Consulting
- Wycoff, Joyce. Mindmapping: Your Personal Guide to Exploring Creativity and Problem-Solving
- Buzan, Tony. The Mindmap Book
- Albrecht, Karl. The Power of Minds at Work
- Kim, W. Blue Ocean Strategy
- Machowicz, Richard. Unleash the Warrior Within
- Gelb, Michael. How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci
- Port, Michael. Book Yourself Solid
- Port, Michael. Beyond Booked Solid
- Shell, G. The Art of Woo: Using Strategic Persuasion to Sell Your Ideas
- Palmer, Stephanie. Good in a Room: How to Sell Yourself (and Your Ideas) and Win Over Any Audience
- Zyman, Sergio. Building Brand Width: Closing the Sale
- Crandall, Rick. Marketing Your Services for People Who Hate to Sell
- Beckwith, Harry. Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing
- Meyerson, Mitch. Success Secrets of the Online Marketing Superstars
- Meyerson, Mitch. Mastering Online Marketing
- Bly, Bob. Become a Recognized Authority in Your Field in 60 Days or Less
- Levinson, Jay. Guerilla Marketing for Consultants
- Levinson, Jay. Guerilla Publicity: Hundreds of Sure-Fire Tactics to Get Maximum Sales for Minimum Dollars
- Peters, Paula. The Ultimate Marketing Toolkit
- Lindstrom, Martin. Buy.ology: Truth and Lies About Why We Buy
- Lewis, Herschell. Effective E-Mail Marketing: The Complete Guide to Creating Successful Campaigns
- Yale, David. The Publicity Handbook
- Post, Karen. Brain Tattoos: Creating Unique Brands that Stick in Your Customer’s Minds
- Friedmann, Susan. Riches in Niches: how to Make it BIG in a Small Market
- Cates, Bill. Don’t Keep Me a Secret: Proven Tactics to Get More Referrals and Introductions
- Murray, Chris. The Marketing Gurus: Lessons from the Best Marketing Books of All Time
- Lindstrom, Martin. Buy.ology: Truth and Lies about Why We Buy
Writing Ad Copy
- Sugarman, Joseph. The Adweek Copywriting Handbook
- Sullivan, Luke. Hey Whipple, Squeeze This: A Guide to Creating Great Advertising
- Veloso, Maria. Web Copy that Sells: The Revolutionary Formula for Creating Killer Copy Every Time
- Munro, Malcolm. Podium Paranoia: Transforming Fear into Knockout Presentations (get at www.podiumparanoia.com)
- Weiss, Alan. Money Talks: How to Make a Million as a Speaker